What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you visit a website or an application which enable the website to recognize visitors. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits or may contain a unique identification number to allow the website to remember you on return visits.
How cookies may be used?
Cookies can be helpful, doing many jobs such as allowing you to move between web pages efficiently, remembering your browsing preferences, measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs and in general improving your browsing experience. Cookies also help by ensuring that content and advertisements you see on a website are more relevant to your preferences.
- Make the website work properly for you
- Store your preferences;
- Direct you to a local New Energy Narrative website that you indicated a preference for;
- Allow you to log on to certain New Energy Narrative web sites;
- To gather information to help us improve the site to make it more reliable and easier for you to find the information you need;
- Make use of information from a third party that we present online.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and allow you to move around the site and to use specific site features. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website;
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region);
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to manage your cookies
Most web browsers are usually set to accept cookies. This includes most computers, mobile phones, and tablets. If you would like to change your cookie settings, you can accomplish this by changing your web browser settings. Check your web browser’s help or web site for instructions.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more information about how to manage and disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.